Bullying – the act of intentionally and repeatedly causing harm or injury (by a person or group) to someone who has difficulty defending him/herself.
Highly publicized cases of suicides associated with bullying highlight the need to better understand who gets bullied and why both victims and perpetrators are at risk for suicide. Moreover, although bullying is not a new phenomenon, the advent of cyber-bullying has made its prevention much more difficult. Join former AAS Executive Director Dr. Lanny Berman for a discussion about bullying and suicide. Topics to be covered include:
- The difference between bullying and cyber-bullying
- Types of bullying behaviors
- Vulnerable populations
- Suicidality and bullying: the research evidence
- Understanding the suicidal pathway
- Prevention dos and don’ts
Presented by: Alan L. Berman, PhD.
*A link to the Webinars will be sent via email once purchase information is confirmed.